Prison Fellowship Canada (PFC) executes its vision through people, including our growing network of PFC Volunteers across Canada. Our volunteers serve by working with children and families, offenders, ex-offenders, victims, or through fundraising, donations, prayer and office support. There are many entry points and ways to be involved – and we are respectful of your comfort level.
“I think Prison Fellowship Canada is a wonderful ministry. I would certainly encourage anyone to get involved. If people don’t feel comfortable going into the prison, you can still be a pen pal. Or, you can still help a child go to camp or provide a child with Christmas gift on behalf of the incarcerated parent. There is an opportunity for anybody who would like to get involved.” – PFC Volunteer, New Brunswick
Here are some examples of how you might consider serving in this ministry:
In Prison Ministry (Prisoners)
- Join a local PFC chapter of volunteers at a local federal or provincial correctional institution. Depending on the nature of PFC programming at the specific institution, this may include:
- Leading bible study groups using curriculum provided by Prison Fellowship Canada
- Conducting chapel services – testimony, music, teaching
- Visiting offenders one-to-one for encouragement and support
- Provide spiritual encouragement, conversation and prayer to prisoners through Prison Fellowship By Phone
Bridgecare Ministry (Former Prisoners)
- Provide practical resources (clothing, gift certificates, food) for an offender being released into the community
- Be part of a support circle for a recently released ex-offender
- Help connect a former prisoner to a local church
Angel Tree (Families)
- Sign up as an individual or church to sponsor one or more children with a gift at Christmas on behalf of the child’s incarcerated parent. You will be asked to buy, wrap and deliver the gift to the child’s Caregiver in time for Christmas.
- Provide funding for one or more children to attend camp through Angel Tree Camping
- Help promote Angel Tree programs in your community
Sycamore Tree (Victims)
- Be part of a support circle for a victim of crime as part of their healing process
- Become a Financial Partner and sign up to make a one-time or recurring donation to support Prison Fellowship Canada
- Become a Prayer Partner and sign up to receive our monthly prayer calendar
- Provide administrative support to the PFC national office (Greater Toronto Area)
Thank you for your interest in partnering with us as a Volunteer. To complete an application, click on the button below. We appreciate your patience.
COVID-19 ALERT! We kindly ask all PFC Volunteers to complete the COVID-19 screening within two hours of participating in any PFC activities within a correctional facility or in the community. Thank you for care and consideration!