PFC has volunteer opportunities that fit different skills and schedules. PFC provides step-by-step instructions on getting started. In addition, PFC can provide private group training sessions for churches with eight or more participants. We would love to have you join the PFC Volunteer team.
EXAMPLES OF HOW YOU MIGHT CONSIDER SERVING IN THIS MINISTRY
SERVING INCARCERATED INDIVIDUALS
- Join a local PFC chapter of volunteers at a local federal or provincial correctional institution. Depending on the nature of PFC programming at the specific institution, this may include:
- Leading bible study groups using curriculum provided by Prison Fellowship Canada
- Conducting chapel services – testimony, music, teaching
- Visiting offenders one-to-one for encouragement and support
- Provide spiritual encouragement, conversation and prayer to prisoners through Prison Fellowship By Phone
- Join the PFC By Phone Volunteer team
SERVING RELEASED CLIENTS (BRIDGECARE MINISTRY)
- Provide practical resources (clothing, gift certificates, food) for an offender being released into the community
- Be part of a support circle for a recently released ex-offender
- Help connect a former prisoner to a local church
SERVING IN THE RESTORATIVE JUSTICE PROGRAM (VICTIMS)
Be part of a support circle for a victim of a crime as part of their healing process
APPLY TODAY TO VOLUNTEER WITH PRISON FELLOWSHIP CANADA
BECOME AN ANGEL TREE CHRISTMAS SPONSOR
ANGEL TREE CHRISTMAS SPONSORSHIP
There are over 357,000 children affected by parental incarceration in Canada. These children often carry the weight of shame and the stigmatization of their peers. PFC’s Angel Tree Christmas program connects church communities and individuals with the families of prisoners through the delivery of a Christmas gift on behalf of the incarcerated parent.
This ministry is made possible by the hard work of our volunteers and the generosity of our supporters. If you are interested in learning more about how you can get involved, click below.